Australia is one of the most sought-after locations among students due to the high quality of education. In addition, a wide range of available degrees and post-study employment chances are some of the perks of studying in Australia.
Universities in Australia thrive in research, particularly in the arts and humanities, education, and sciences. Studying in Australia is a fantastic chance to immerse yourself in the distinctive Australian culture. While doing so, you can as well obtain valuable new skills.
Australia provides world-class universities, practical vocational colleges, and exceptional English language schools to assist international students. An Australian Student Visa is your best option if you want to stay in Australia for a long time.
Full-time degree students (undergraduate and postgraduate) can work part-time throughout the academic year and full-time during the summer holidays if their course meets immigration standards.
Please remember that you do not have the right to work on a student visa until you have legally registered for your studies. Make sure you have all of the documentation you’ll need in digital format. In addition, you must follow the proper procedures to obtain an Australian student visa.
Is It Possible To Get A Student Visa In Australia?
It certainly is. Compared to other nations, obtaining a student visa in Australia is simpler. Students who wish to study in Australia must meet specific criteria to obtain a visa. You can apply for a Subclass 500 visa once you have enrolled in a full-time study program.
Full-time degree students (undergraduate and postgraduate) in Australia usually are permitted to work up to 40 hours per fortnight during the academic year. During the summer holidays, however, they are allowed to work for unlimited hours.
Whether you’re studying on a scholarship or self-sponsored, a student visa is mandatory. Luckily, getting one is not entirely a rigorous process. So long as you meet the criteria, you will definitely get one.
Student Visa Requirements in Australia
If you want to study a registered course or a portion of one full-time, you will be eligible for a student visa. The student visa has a maximum validity of five years. The Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students must be registered for the course you desire to study (CRICOS).
Listed below are the requirement for acquiring a student visa in Australia:
- You have received an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate confirming your enrollment in an Australian university.
- Statement of Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) – this document proves that you are only visiting Australia to study and will not be staying.
- Four recent passport-sized photos
- Copies of transcripts/documents of academic results that have been certified or notarized
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): This health insurance, which has been approved by the Australian government, provides primary medical and hospital coverage. This insurance is available through your university.
- If you are a non-native English speaker, the results of English language tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE will be helpful.
- Evidence of financial resources sufficient to cover all expenses during the study period
- Proof of civil status, if applicable.
- Financial Requirements: To obtain a student visa, you must demonstrate sufficient funds to cover your tuition, travel, and living expenses.
- Character Requirement: You must submit a certificate proving you have never been convicted of a crime.
- Proof of visa fee payment—proof that you have paid the required visa fees.
If there are any additional requirements, the Australian University will notify you before submitting your application.
How to Apply for a Student Visa in Australia
- Apply to a school in Australia and obtain a CoE.
- Register with the Australian Immigration Department.
- Confirm that you have all the required documents in digital format.
- Fill out and submit your visa application online.
- Obtain a TRN and pay the visa fee.
- Possibility of a health examination and interview
- Get your visa approved.
A student visa has numerous advantages and can be the ideal way to live in Australia. Australia is home to some of the world’s top universities. Universities in Australia provide a diverse choice of courses in various subjects.
Tuition fees are lower here compared to the United Kingdom and the United States. A decision to study in Australia may just be your best verdict yet.